What is RSLDC?
RSLDC is lead by Government of Rajasthan to cater to the challenges of organising a large number of livelihood opportunities for the poor people to increase labour force and to increase the income levels of workers in the state.
The first state to establish a Mission on Livelihood is Rajasthan state in India to establish a Mission on Livelihoods. To address the challenges of unemployment and ensuring profitable and sustainable employment for youth of the state, Hon’ble Chief Minister created the Rajasthan Mission on Livelihood in September 2004.
The objective of RMoL was to formulate appropriate and innovation strategies to promote and facilitate large-scale livelihoods for the helpless and poor people of the state. Understanding the importance of skill development as a vehicle for enhancing the employability of working population, RMoL rechristened as Rajasthan Mission on Skill and Livelihoods in 2009-2010.
RSLDC was incorporated as Division 25 Company, a not for the Profit of company, on 17th August 2010 with the Chief Secretary as the Chairman of Company. As part of its major activity, it established skill Training mechanism by connecting more than 300 partner agencies to execute the training program in the State. In its passage of 7 years, it has trained around 85,000 persons/youth by offering 97 courses in 34 sectors.
8 Things To Know About RSLDC Courses
- Benefits from training imparted a half dozen of multi-skill training centers in Bharatpur district of Rajasthan, the youth of the region have found new livelihood avenues and launched self-employment ventures.
- The emphasis on gainful and sustainable employment has also reduced migration to urban areas.
- The training Centers, monitored by the Rajasthan Skill and Livelihoods Development Corporation (RSLDC), has also guaranteed the availability of technicians and skilled workers for local requirements.
- Youngsters are making a contribution to the family income by taking up various works after training. The corporation is planning to start more such training centers.
- RSLDC more than 4,500 youth in the district had been trained in the avocations such as refrigeration, motor winding, servicing of air-conditioners, electric fitting and wiring, mobile repairing and computer hardware maintenance.
- The training allows the youths to find jobs or take up self-employment near their native places. Many as 297 works had been identified in the district for the creation of livelihood opportunities through the training centers.
- The RSLDC monitors training by experts at the training centers, which are run by different non-government organisations, and helps the trainees in their placements and self-employment initiatives.
- In the training centers, the courses in computer work and sewing for girls have also started, for which the Rajasthan Knowledge Corporation issues the certificates to assist the trainees in getting the government jobs.
Major schemes have been rolled out by RSLDC to catapult the skilling scenario of the state that includes:
- Mukhya Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana (Employment linked Skill Training Program– ELSTP)
- Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Grameen Kaushalya Yojana (DDU-GKY)
- Regular Skill Training Program (RSTP)
ASTM has signed an agreement with RSLDC for implementation and execution of DDU GKY program which fundamentally focuses on beneficiaries coming from the BPL category. ASTM has set up an Iconic skilled training centre in Alwar district of Rajasthan with the state of the Art technology and centre of excellence.
ASTM focuses on quality of skills training through the regular audits and personal review and monitoring at the centres.